September 1, 2011

Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you and you are not your own?

1 Corinthians 6:19-20


 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.


I have always been unhappy about what I eat, the way I look and how I feel. I was taught this scripture when I was still a wee little one but it really has not taken a meaning until recently. 


Since the beginning of this year I have been trying to eat better & exercise but have been failing miserably. I went through about a month where I was running 5 or 6 days a week but of course once I started getting busy, it went down hill again. I have come to realize that this is something I can not do on my own. 


This has been a lifelong struggle, yet I have never really asked God for help. I daily request help with other things in my life, yet the one thing that consumes my thoughts and keeps me from truly being happy & even further, it keeps me from doing what God has in store for me, I have not asked for help. So many times I did not go to events or I didn't reached out in certain areas because of how self conscious I was. I have finally hit the point that enough is enough. 


How much longer should I put myself through this? And how much longer should I use this as an excuse not to do the will of God? 


Well, this is my plan. I first got some inspiration from the documentary "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead"  http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ And then one of my really good friends decided she is going to try Juice Fasting. I have researched Juice Fasting and it seems fantastic. Not just for looking better but it is so good for resetting your system & recharging your body. Not to mention cleaning out all of the gunk I have put into my body in the last 22 years.


I know this is going to be difficult & challenging but that is good. This time I am going to be relying on God. When I have those negative thoughts & terrible cravings, I will confide in God & depend on his strength instead of my own. 








No comments:

Post a Comment