September 7, 2011

Tart Start

New Juice!


The Tart Start!
  • 1/2 lemon peeled
  • 1/2 lime peeled
  • 2 stalks Celery
  • 1/2 medium beet
  • 1 cup Black grapes
  • 1 cup Strawberrie
  • 2 Kale leaves
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 2 green apples
  • 1 Peach 

All of my recipes are random & I just throw whatever tastes good together. I am trying to keep more vegetables that fruits in my juice for lunch & dinner though! I have also decided I will eat either an one egg, protein shake, or one homemade energy ball a day for protein purposes & also to keep things moving along in my system. It is recommended due to the fiber being extracted while juicing & so you don't have "issues". In addition, I will be running & exercising, so I will need a little extra power to get through!



Well, this juice tastes pretty good & has a little citrusy bite at the end! It really makes me feel awake! Only bad side is, I feel like it is eating away at my teeth. So (as a hygienist speaking) if you make this juice or any other juice with citrus fruits, try to drink it at one time instead of sipping throughout the day & rinse with some mouthwash or water after to help neutralize the acidity in your mouth. :)


The last few days I have been having mainly juice but still eating little things. Today is the beginning of the true juice fast (along with a bit of protein, as mentioned earlier). I began with the Tart Start for breakfast this morning. We'll see what the rest of the day brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment