February 12, 2012

Making my "Temple" Whole

    Well, it has been a long time since my last post, but I have still been working on my health. These past couple months have been a roller-coaster. I have been trying to eat healthy & exercise but with absolutely no results. I did a spiritual fast in January that also included only eating fruits and vegetables. I didn't look at my scale all month so I would focus on the real reason for the fast. Of course, at the beginning of Feb I checked. 2 lbs. What!? Only fruits & vegetables for a month & only 2 lbs. Ugh. I do everything by the book. Eat every couple of hours, staying on a non-processed diet, exercising, keeping my stress down, & many many more. After this I felt defeated and lost a lot of hope. So of course I went through a couple of days where my body got abused with very processed crap.
    I talked with my husband and we decided to do some blood work. This gave me a little hope again. I figured he would find something & boom- it would be fixed. Well, nope. Guess what, I'm healthy. Ugh. There are a few small deficiencies that I have that could definitely cause weight gain or block weight loss. But I was hoping for a direct--here this is what is wrong. Instead I got, well this is low & this is low, so you can take some supplements and it Could help. So that's my next step. I just pray that is the problem. Being 30lbs over my healthy weight is taking massive toll on my emotions. Thank goodness I have our father God to help me stay up beat & joyful.  But of course that only happens when I am able to give the problem to him which doesn't always work.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Katie. :( That's so frustrating. After our miscarriage in August, I had gained 10 lbs and could NOT get rid of it. Have you had your hormone levels checked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

      Delete
  2. No I started with the blood work and toxins check, so I'll see if these things help. Yah I took birth control for about 1yr and it messed a lot of things up and ever since I can't get back to my normal weight. Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete